Constructed in the 10th year of Daoguang Reign (1830), Lin Kai Temple was named after Mountain Lin Kai, its location.
The construction scale of Lin Kai Temple is next to those of Three Grand Temples. There are Hall of God of Wealth, Hall of Wenchang, Hall of Emperor of Huaguang, Hall of Tai Soi, Hall of Goddess Kam Fa and Goddess Dou Mou, Hall of Tansanzang, Hall of Kun lam, Hall of Liesheng and Hall of North Emperor. Gods worshipped here come to the first place in terms of variety among all the temples of Macao, including God of Wealth, Emperor Huaguang, Tai Soi, Goddess Kam Fa, Goddess Dou Mou, Kuan Gong, Eighteen Arhat, Tansanzang, Monkey King, Marshal Monster, Two Fairies of Harmony, Kun lam, Hua Tuo, Wenchang, Bao Gong, Tin Hau and the North Emperor.
Located at a side of Wing Lok Theatre, Lin Kai Miu bas been built for more than two hundred years. The Temple is dedicated to more than one bodhisattvas and it is always filled with people and incense. The name Lin Kai literally means “lotus and stream”. Lotus refers to the topography of Macao and stream stands for the water that ran down the Lotus Mountain and passed the temple in the past.
Location: Travessa da Corda no. 21-35